Saturday, March 31, 2007

11th Hour Pardon


My boy N's future is safe, at least for now!! I finally settled down enough from the shock of the FILM INCIDENT last Sunday and decided to take the camera in to see if the film could be saved. E's memories of her very first dance were at stake. We all hoped she wouldn't have to tell her kids and grandkids some day the story of her BRATTY little brother and how he was the rain on her parade!! Well, they took the film out and said they would do what they could. Of course, with no guarantee of a happy outcome. Guess what? I know, I know, you have already guessed from my title to this post, right?
SOME of the pictures developed!! They have some damage but can be cropped and saved. A picture is worth a thousand words??!! These pictures sure have a long story attached. For those of you who missed chapter 1, here it is...
E. was very pretty for her dance. She wore her blue long dress and "Cinderella" shoes. I put her hair up and we put some little sparkly hair thingies (like mini combs) in her hair-do. I put make up on her. The first time she has had that!!!!! N. told her 2 times in an hour how pretty he thought she looked. He liked seeing his sister look like a GIRL insztead of a tomboy!!! She wore nice jewelry and she smelled nice too. I blew off 15 pictures and was very impressed with how I thought they would turn out. Everything went well.
Only one small flub...E. slopped food all down the front of her dress at the restaurant before going to the dance. Her date was very polite and said it didn't matter.
The next day my guy was going to take N. out to the woods with his hunting buddies. Their annual target practice and cook-out day. [E. and A. were invited, along with me, to our friend's daughter's wedding shower.] E. wanted to go with her dad instead, so he said Ok. N. was all dressed in his camo clothes and was pretty pumped up to be with the guys...including his sister who was now again "one of the boys" and not Cinderella.
I told my guy to take the camera and finish the roll so I could get it developed. I thought it would be nice to actually get them back without waiting a year or two.
Here's the punch line ...I know you have been waiting for it, haven't you??!

My guy and I came out in the kitchen where I had the camera sitting out so he wouldn't forget to take it. N. (age 6) had the back of the camera open and the whole roll of 15 pictures of E. (solo) and with her first date had rewound and were all exposed !!!!!


Did you hear me scream all the way at your house????????

No comments: