Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Teenage Vintage Vignette



I loved to do different little vignettes on my dresser top even as a teenager. I didn't have any friends who did this with vintage things, as I preferred. I guess I was odd.

The photo in the oval frame is my Grandma Bubbles as a young girl. The picture of the little girl in the white bonnet says at the bottom " He loves me..." . It sat somewhere in my room my whole childhood. My Mom cut it out from a magazine when I was a baby and put it in that pretty glass frame that she had thrifted. (She thrifted; how cool is that!)

The heart sachets are filled with lavender and were my first sewing project on my Montgomery Ward sewing machine. I bought it with my own money. I still have it and use it (so do my girls). It lives happily with my other 5 sewing machines.

Yes, that is a real bottle of Chanel No. 5 perfume. It was a "Please forgive me. I'll change!" gift from my first fiancee. He also gave me a beautiful string of hand tied real pearls. He didn't change that time either. Needless to say, he wouldn't/couldn't change his ways and I didn't marry him! I did give the ring back!

Click photo to enlarge.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful little vignette!