Friday, September 21, 2007

1968 and Thumbelina

I have been so impressed with all the beautiful Marigolds where ever I go this summer. It made me think of these pictures my Mom took in 1968. She always had big, beautiful, vigorously blooming Marigolds. I don't do well growing them. I know they are one of the less fussy flowers to grow. Still, they elude my thumb - green or otherwise.

Speaking of thumb-- my favorite childhood doll, Thumbelina, is in one of these pictures.  She was like a sweet friend and provided plenty of hugs!!
Me in 1968 in front of my house.
Me holding Thumbelina, my friend Joan that lived next door, my friend Becky from down the street. Joan moved after 6th grade. Becky moved after high school.

Thumbelina. Well, VERY well loved and played with. She was much more pretty before I cut off her hair thinking it would grow back...that's how you learn.


2 comments:

Betty said...

What cute pictures! I don't remember a favorite doll. I just remember making doll clothes. Your mom's marigolds were beautiful. They make great snail food in my yard. Every time I plant them the snails have a feast.

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amy, I love the pictures of you as a child.The ones with your little friends is so sweet. My parents moved so often I didn't get to keep childhood friends long. As to your question about my favorite doll .Raggedy ann was of course my very favorite but I did love all my baby dolls as well. I don't have any of my original doll's I owned as a child. To many neice's to drag them away but I do have some I replaced from my childhood. I was never lucky enough to own a Thumbelina . I did so want one and a Baby Dear as well. I used to read the Little Golden Book , Baby Dear , to my girl's and now to my grand daughter's. We all love it ! Better go I am making my comments way to lengthly. Blessings to you dear !
Shelley