Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Childhood Scrapbook



You know you're getting older when your childhood scrapbook you put together has pages that are now yellowed and crumbly.
Ok, well just maybe it was the nature of that horrible acid laden paper that was around back then that causes the decay and not just me getting older. I vote for that theory!
I brought out this scrapbook that I put together in the early 1970s to around 1982.
I sat with A. and reminisced. *sigh*
I really wanted to show her (and you) one of my very first mushroom house colored pencil creations I saved within these now yellowed pages.
I was doing these way back when.
This one is from age 11.
See, even a little bird!!!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Someone copied you little house:)!
Love the fact that you kept all your sweet drawings. You can send Pink Kitty to me if you are tired of her...Have a great weekend :)

Flea Market Queen said...

Love the drawings...so precious!
Priscilla

Mrs.Kwitty said...

That is some seriously good drawing for an 11 year old! I love the little birdy and the squirrel too. What a fun thing to have--we moved way to much when I was younger and we tended to get rid of anything that we didn't absolutely need--so I don't have many mementos from my childhood. It's a wonderful thing you can share with your kids!
Smiles, Karen

Deb said...

What a wonderful little scrapbook! How great that you have saved so many childhood mementos. I was looking through your other posts and saw your Chatty Cathy doll - I had one too :-}