Friday, November 16, 2007

Once Upon A Time In Ohio


I found a really fun web site that has historical Ohio photos. I thought I would take you on a short tour today...
I like their delivery truck!
This looks like a hard working group of fellows don't you think?!
Don't you love their motto painted on the building ~ "Every man who is willing to work has a right to live. Divide the day and give him a chance."
Laundry Company. Hey, I think I have that business in my own home...or at least some weeks it feels that way!
The Citizens Ice Company. Does the price of ice go up when the price of gasoline, er I mean hay goes up? Many Ice companies harvested ice from the Great Lake Erie in the winter months.
The Toledo Pie Co. Maybe they were the forerunner to "The Pie Hole" on Pushing Daisies !!?
Horse and Dog Hospital and maybe people too?? Veterinary, surgeon and dentist. Can I get a discount if I trade you for ice or a pie? Good thing this horse Dr. has an "S" on the front of his last name or he would be a horse's *ss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! You know how I love nostalgia. I picked up on the name Sass right away! Do you think their minds worked the same way ours do, or were they so nieve. And the motto on the other sign for the Suckers--- what the heck is that supposed to mean anyway???Your friend
Sharon

regina barnett said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.