Thursday, January 3, 2008

Red, Polka Dots and the Telephone

Many people know that I have a thing for RED.
But what even I didn't realize is that I seem to have a thing for polka dots too!

As I was talking on the phone with my friend, Sharon, I started focusing unconsciously then very consciously on the polka dottie things around me.
So when I was done talking, I gathered up some things and did a quickie photo shoot of the stuff.

I had to throw in some snowflakes because we all know I am a snowflake psycho. Actually, the paper sphere with snowflakes in each section was a girl's art day project with my friend Sharon at her house last year. [We need to get together for another art day, Sharon!!! ]

What does all this have to do with the telephone? Well, any of you that know me know that I am not a big telephone hanging on talk talk talk person...or someone with a cell phone attached like an umbilical cord...or heaven forbid, one of those Bluetooth thingies (sorry. I hate those. I'm sure they have their place and convenience-but I think they are rude when people are wearing them and talking while they are also talking to the person live in front of them or when people just look like they are talking to themselves like some weirdo walking into the bank or grocery or where ever !)
*big breath*
Anyway, when I was on the phone with my friend Sharon planning a get together today, since the kiddos are back to school {finally!}, I just kept thinking of how we shouldn't catch up on everything on the phone. We need to save stuff to say in person-which is much much nicer. If you ever get the chance --talk to someone face to face, live and in person. What a concept! Don't spend your life connected to a phone. CUT THE CORD! Oh wait, most phones don't have cords now do they??! Ooops! Showing my age again.
And yes Suz- I know what you are thinking as you read this..."What the heck is she smokin'? She talks for oodles of time on the phone to me. Especially during her most recent famous holiday nervous break down!!"
You're absolutely right, Suz !! But I can't see you in person to talk your ear off cuz' we're too far away. Though just think, during my break down if I were able to talk to you live and in person you would have had to look at my splotchy red yukky pouty face. It looked kind of like all these red and white polka dots.
Sometimes the phone is better!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh! I like polka dots too but my daughter really loves polka dots. I made her a red and white polka dot garter for her wedding.
As for the phone people. That's what I call them. some people are just so rude with their phones. I have one too but I would never carry a whole conversation on with someone on my cell phone while I was lunching with you. (It's happened to me) Arghhh

Lori said...

Amy, I got to thinking about the milkglass again!! Do you know i think it's Westmoreland that has what they call "fire" in it, whereas when you hold the piece up to the light it has a orangish glow to the edges. Do you know what I mean? It's not the milk white as the hobnail. Also it is more delicate. Even though I love my hobnail I love finding pieces with the so called fire in it. I really like the pink milk glass and have one piece cause it's always over priced or very chipped! Love the polka/red, the family room is my red/white/and blue room so I add some red outside of Valentines. Have fun putting holiday away!LOL It is a slow process for me cause I 'm really sorting better this year and have alot new things I bought or was given! Later,Lori