Monday, September 29, 2008

scavengers

I have decided to throw a party for my girls. Just because!!!
It will be filled with: build your own pizzas ~ snacks and pop ~ music ~ general silliness that happens when you get about a dozen preteen and teenage girls together ~ ... and the best part...
A SCAVENGER HUNT!!

This is the flyer I printed to pass around to the neighbors:


We need YOU!!
On (date) the ------- kids (address) are having a party which will include a scavenger hunt to take place at around 7:00 pm.
That’s where you come in!!
Their 2 teams will be drawing names of neighbors to visit and help them to come up with the items on their list.
If you would NOT be interested in being on the list
or will NOT be at home at that time
please RSVP to The -------- family at (phone #) to say you will NOT be on our list.

Example: If there are 8 neighbors that say they may be able to help when their doorbell rings then each team will randomly draw 4 neighbor’s names to help.
Their team may not need all possible neighbors to help, or their team may call upon all the possibilities drawn. Each of the two teams team will have the identical items on their list and a time limit (most likely it will be decided to be an hour or less).
If they can gather the item/s from you to bring back to the ---------’s house they will earn assigned points for that item/s.
All items are things you may not need to have returned to you.
They will return any item upon your request.
Items on the list vary from BREAD TWISTY TIE =1 point
to AN ORPHANED SOCK=30 points.

It will be a lot of fun for the kids and the winning team will get a prize!!
If we do not hear from you by (date)
then we will include your name in the drawing pile.
You may want to keep this note handy to remind you they may be ringing your doorbell on (date) at around 7:00 pm or so.


I remember going to a party like this when I was about 12. It was soooo much fun. I have to say it was one of the most memorable parties of my youth!! My girls are excited about it too. I think they are the most excited that I surprised them with this idea. Mom's can be cool sometimes--although I'm sure I use the wrong lingo, so replace "cool" with the current "cool" word!!!!

1 comment:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I remember doing those when my childern were growing up. Such fun..m..