Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ON MY WISH LIST

Baby Boomer desperately seeks elf figurines for childhood nostalgia:
I am searching out this and
other elves in the set made
by Napco in Japan in the 1950s.
If any of you know where I can find them
let me know!!!!!!!!!
They are very hard to come by it seems.
Addition to this post: Many of you have pointed me to Ebay. I do check Ebay quite frequently and I even have been known to place a bid or two (or 12) when I find one of these (apparently) rare elves. Unfortunately they either end up going way above my budget (kids do need to be fed don't they?) or start out way above my budget.
WHO KNEW MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES WERE WORTH SO MUCH MONEY?!
Anyway, I guess I was hoping that someone who read my blog would know of a piece that has been tucked away in a dusty attic box and left unloved and wanted to sell to a good home.
In the meantime...I will just sit here and pout. Oh, did I say that? I hope Santa didn't hear.



6 comments:

Sal said...

Hi Amy..I have seen one or two on ebay ;-)_

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amy, I can see why you would want some of these sweet little elves. I remember them from my childhood as well. Will be on the look out for them for you.

Blessings,Shelley

Sweetina said...

Aww~she is so sweet.Try Ruby Lane..actually I'll check for you right now.
I feel the same way about sweet childhood things!
Tinaxx

Sweetina said...

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/barringtonbonanza/item/81037

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/theantiquechasers/item/8924-8

Not sure if these are the same "pattern".
But i bet there are lots on ebay.
Good luck~
Tinaxx

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are so sweet. I do not know of any. I do wish you a great Wed....m...

Lori said...

Amy, Last Christmas I found angels from Napco with those precious faces, but I love them and they'll be here awhile. Wonder why I haven't seen what your looking for? Good luck on your hunt! Love ya, Lori