Friday, March 19, 2010

thrifting

This is what I got when I went thrifting for myself the other day.
This little cream pitcher with no chips or cracks and it has snowflakes on it!!!

These little polka dotted etched glasses in 2 different sizes. There are 10 of them!!! If all 10 end up getting broken (which I hope they don't 'cause they're so cute) at least they were cheap. Glasses don't seem to be eternally lasting in our house.





This little hankie which is so thin you can see the piece of sheet music through it. The flowers are so sweet and it reminds me of my Grandma's purse which always smelled like Wrigley's gum when you opened the fancy clasp and was sure to have a powder compact and lipstick tucked inside too.

All this thrifty loveliness came home to live with me for a grand total of $1.65.



1 comment:

Lois said...

Don't you just love it when you can get something you like at a price you love? The glasses are pretty looking and practial as well! Great finds, Amy!
I went thrifting on Thursday and got the perfect Easter basket for my mom for thirty five cents. It had butterflies on it (she is a butterfly freak). She got it yesterday, filled with a few goodies, and she just loved it.
Have a good weekend.
Lois