I have to share with you the art work that N. did the other day when we were playing with watercolor paints.
He was copying the theme I always use...bugs, mushrooms and little nature fantasy pictures.
He didn't finish the painting part but it is still worthy of a public art showing from a 6 year old.
I LOVE kid art. They have no rules or expectations like grown ups.
This piece very obviously shows a high-rise mushroom house!!! And did you notice the bistro set (table and chairs) under the shade of the giant strawberry?! Such a fancy fence, too.
Here are 5 things about my sweet boy N.:
1. N. could not deny he was born with the dreaded "collector's gene"!! He collects Hot Wheels. He has hundreds which are (supposed to be) kept in two plastic drawer units that are each 4 drawers high. He especially likes the cars that have cartoons depicted on the sides. He also collects stuffed animal puppies.
2. He is a Mamma's Boy to the very end! Maybe he can blame that on being the youngest and only boy. (At least that is the excuse we are going with!)
3. N. is just sure that when his Daddy first gets home from a long, tiring day at work, the first thing on his mind is a project like chopping some wood or building a tree house!
4. All this year, during N's "kindergarten career", he has been so excited to teach new things to his big sisters that they surely couldn't possibly already know!! N. is madly in love with his teacher and school in general.
5. N. is a back seat driver! If I take a different route to routine destinations it is always met with the comment, "Mom, I think you're going the wrong way!!"