Saturday, July 14, 2007

Best Friends



This is A on her First Holy Communion day in 2005 with her best life long friend M. He lives two houses away. His Mom and I went through school together.



I made A's dress and veil. Click photo for more detail. It tied in a big satin bow in back. She wanted to loop her beautiful new rosary onto her sash. It was given to her by her Aunt Rose {her Godmother}. A's middle name is Rose. She wore a necklace sent to her by her Aunt Suzette and a family heirloom ruby ring that was given to me by my Grandma "Bubbles" on my sixteenth birthday. I wore the ring on my wedding day, also.

M was afraid to get too close to his friend. She looked too pretty and too fragile!! Later in the day after A changed clothes, she was back to his same ol' buddy!!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

How lovely! I am impressed by the beautiful dress you made her! AND the fact that she had such special jewelry to wear too--it will really make such an important occasion stand out in her memory.
Smiles, Karen