Monday, August 20, 2007

home sewn for my special girl


This was E.'s First Communion day when she was 8.
I made her dress and veil. The dress was made from satin reused from her aunt's wedding gown train. I added to it with organza and lace and ribbon and other trims and ribbon roses.
We purchased her tiara in Florida while on vacation. She wore a religious medal on a gold chain. As a baby, the medal was pinned under her baptism gown to her slip. ( I also made the baptism gown- from an antique petticoat. A. wore it too.) Her Nanny and Grampy bought her prayer book and rosary for her.
Please click on the photos to enlarge and see the detail of her dress!!

2 comments:

IsabellaCloset said...

Amy, I LOVE Elise's Communion dress.. it is just gorgeous! She looked like such an angel.... What a very special day for her.
Isabella has been in 3 weddings. I've made her dresses for 2 of them. The first dress I made was from the train of her mothers wedding dress. It was white silk with tulle over top..We cut off the train on her Mothers wedding dress before she wore it.....her Mama did not like the train. I saved the fabric & lace knowing I would use it some day.
I did not make Isabellas communion dress..Isabella wore her gold medal and chain from when she was a baby on her first communion day. A got the metal in Italy..She worn the metal on her baptism day too.
I just bet the baptism gown you made was fabulous! I'd love to see it. How wonderful that you have made these dresses. You are so very talented!!
Thanks for sharing the photos. Have a good day ~Mary~ :-}

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--her dress is gorgeous!! I love that you recycled a special dress to make it--and that she wore the same religious medal that she wore at her baptism--how cool is that?!!! I'm impressed with the fine details and even the pretty draping along the bottom. Nice!
Smiles, Karen