Monday, August 20, 2007

home sewn for my special girl


This was E.'s First Communion day when she was 8.
I made her dress and veil. The dress was made from satin reused from her aunt's wedding gown train. I added to it with organza and lace and ribbon and other trims and ribbon roses.
We purchased her tiara in Florida while on vacation. She wore a religious medal on a gold chain. As a baby, the medal was pinned under her baptism gown to her slip. ( I also made the baptism gown- from an antique petticoat. A. wore it too.) Her Nanny and Grampy bought her prayer book and rosary for her.

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--her dress is gorgeous!! I love that you recycled a special dress to make it--and that she wore the same religious medal that she wore at her baptism--how cool is that?!!! I'm impressed with the fine details and even the pretty draping along the bottom. Nice!
Smiles, Karen