Monday, September 24, 2007

Like winning the GENEALOGY LOTTERY!



This is NOT a photo from Dead Fred.

After reading my story published earlier today about my Great Grandparents N. and A., my cousin's son came out of the blog shadows to leave a comment with a bit of treasure linked to it!!...
Another photo of N. and A.'s wedding day!! The beautiful photo (above), which I have never seen before today, was apparently in the possession of his Grandmother ( My Mom's sister, Jackie) and then passed on to him. Lucky duck!!

Now I am a lucky duck, too. I am thrilled beyond even jumping up and down! I have won the lottery, struck gold... Thank you, thank you!
I wonder if the people standing behind as witnesses were family members? I also forgot to add my thoughts along with the previous photos of A...She appeared to be rather short and her hands seemed broad. Two traits that I share.

7 comments:

Mary said...

HI, Oh,I get all excited when I find something about my family too:) I do not have any old pictures of my G.G. parents. Some of the families would marry several times out of necessity, or just to survive. My mother side of the family came from Leipzy,(sp.) Germany. A Piece of the puzzle :)
Have fun ...

Kerry and Rachel said...

I love the old photos, I have just been looking at my old family photos with my uncle. It's fun to find out those family mysteries.
-R

Joy for the Journey said...

That is wonderful!!! What a neat connection! Another example of the miracles of the internet!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am intrigued! I am into genealogy too and have extensive info on my family. Now I can see that I'm going to have to get with you and hopefully get info on your family for Michael, Krista, Aubrey and Emily!!! I'll be in touch!

Sweet Remembrance said...

How exciting...
I love family photos!
Priscilla

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love old photos, and it is so exciting to get actual family ones! congrats on your find!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wonderful!!! Yeah! I love how everyone looks so happy in those old photos, lol. How wonderful for you to get old family pics like that---what a treasure!
Smiles, Karen