Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One Person's Trash...



... is my new vintage Christmas treasure!!

My neighbor had put out a box by the street with Christmasy things peeking out of the top.

I am a trash picker, so of course I was intrigued. I stopped, I dug, and came up with these paper wonders. I'm guessing maybe late 1950's-early 1960's. I couldn't find any tiny little printed date.What would your guess be?

The jointed Santa says Spangler Candy Canes and he still retains his original faded red ribbon.

The Santa garland is long. Longer than a yard stick. The faded red and white twisted string has a parade of Santas spelling out a jovial greeting of Merry Christmas.








5 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Oh, how cute are your trash pickings. You are lucky to find those before they we doomed to the dump.They looked to me to be maybe from the late 1940's or early 1950's. A great find !
Blessings, Shelley
P.S.
Don't know if I have meationed it to you yet ,or not but, I have made some changes to my aol journal. Go by and take a look ,if you wish !

Betty said...

Oh no! He threw that away?! I can see you picking through the trash now, looking over your shoulder and then darting inside with your treasure. Good for you for rescuing them.

Mary said...

Cute,Cute,Cute :) did I say Cute...

Flea Market Queen said...

What she threw this away!
I love vintage Christmas...especially 50's & 60's!
Good for you...
Priscilla

Rosemary said...

aren't neighbors the best! LOL! I've gotten some of the best vintage yard furniture from my neighbor across the street!