Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Snow Day at The Little Red House Under the Tall, Tall Pines











My kids have had 2 snow days off school in the last 2 weeks. Today is one of them. It has been for the sleet and ice as much as the snow itself. N. has been loving playing with his big sisters; building igloos and other snow forts.

Once a few years ago during an ice and snow storm we lost almost a whole side of one of our tall, tall pines. The cracking sound of the breaking branches was so loud!! I will never forget that sound. Many kinds of pines will grow new branches. Our White Pines are not that variety. They are gone forever once they break off. Now, when the other surrounding trees are free of leaves the scars of the missing pine branches are a reminder of that bad storm. Luckily we didn't lose any branches this time.

7 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Beautiful pictures! We haven't had "real" snow in so long that my kids went nuts over a few flurries we had last week. No snow day.
;-)
Cathy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I adore all of these beautiful pictures of the snow. Looks like everyone is having fun...Mary

Betty said...

I won't say you're lucky to have all of that snow because I lived in snow country until I was nine and know what a pain it can be. But, it sure is pretty!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow! You are still getting lots of snow. It is picturesque! And how fun were snow days as a kid?????

Veronica said...

Oh I so need a snow day. I miss the snow so much. I would give up my 72 degree weather for snow anyday.
Cool pictures

Kerry and Rachel said...

Love the pics. The zig zag fence is so neat!

Veronica said...

Hey amy
I forgot to tell you I finally was able to take time today and add you to my blog...you are under amazing amy..lol