Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where does the time go?


This was taken about 6 years ago when my kids were sitting along the edge of N's splash pool eating Popsicles. It seems like yesterday in my mind!!


N. is now weeks away from 8, E. just turned 16 and A. is 12 1/2. I remember how our days were around the house with just one girl and then how we divided our time between 2 girls...and wow!- how things changed around the house with a boy added to the mix!! I am still adjusting to that boy thing! Just how many years do you get to claim you are in the adjustment period??


You would think I would be good at being with boys since I only have brothers (3) ~much older than I~ and all nephews (6). It took until I was a Great Aunt to have some nieces (and what a rip off, 'cuz they are many states away in Texas and I don't get to play with them).

My girls are not little girls any more. Sometimes I look at them (when they do not know it) and think "Gosh!, when did they change? I see them every day. When did this all happen?"

I have difficulty imagining N. all grown up with broad shoulders and a deep voice and whiskers on his face. I still marvel at my nephews all grown up as men. How could it be...I HAVEN'T GOTTEN OLDER!

4 comments:

The Urban Chic said...

Amy, looking at Elise's picture when you went to Washington shows how much she has grown. I'm bipolar and compulsive, so I know how she must feel. I am ashamed to say that I come by and forget to post. Hope you are all doing well. Love the hippy girl. Hugs, Pat

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Amy, they do grow up fast. I miss my kids when they were small. I tried very hard when they were growing to always be grateful for them..
Sending you love, Nita

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Amy, kids do grow up so fast. I wondered where my little ones went and now some of my grandchildren are growing into teens. Boohoo why can't they stay babies longer.Just goes to show we can't let one day go by without treasuring it.

I wanted to let you know I am having a Give Away,stop by and enter if you like.

Blessings,Shelley

Betty said...

Oh gosh! Does this ring a bell with me? My baby just turned 16, has a mustache, a deep voice and 6-pack abs. When did that happen?