Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I love Kid Art



N. was sitting one night and doodling when he came up with this!! I love how the solitary leaf is blowing in the wind! Kids have the best sense of art. No rules and no disappointments.


I put this one in a frame, with pride.







I asked if N. would draw something to send to Grandpa for his 82 birthday. He went to his drawing notebook and said, "Can we use this one? I think Grandpa would like it." He was right, I am sure Grandpa would love it!! We made it into a card for my Dad and sent it off in the mail today. My Dad still drives his motorcycle. He just bought another new one last summer. Don't try to tell my Dad that he is really going to be 82 and most 82 year olds don't drive motorcycles!!!
My Dad ~photo taken in Oct. 2008

8 comments:

a portland granny said...

I love kids' art also! Love Nicholas' pictures!

And Grandpa looks pretty good for 82. How fun for you to have such a young at heart Dad!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness! First off, Nicholas is an amazing artist for only being 8! I'm impressed. And...Wow...your dad is handsome! He looks so young!

The Urban Chic said...

Amy, what wonderful art. I would definately frame that tree.
82-wow! He sure is a handsome man for 82 and he reminds me of a movie star that the name doesn't come to me right now, but that's who I thought it was at first. Ask him what his secret is for looking so young. Love and Hugs, Pat

Simply Shelley said...

What a little artist your Nicholas is,his pictures are great! Your Dad looks great for 82..glad to hear he is still enjoying his life. Happy Birthday to him....

Blessings,Shelley

Lori said...

Amy, Um...is it alright to say daddy is sure a handsome gentleman!!! If I were out and about and he caught my attention you can bet he'd get a second look from me!! Now do I suspect a future artist in your household?? That is a beautiful tree! And shame on me, I LOVED my vintage Valentine card purchase!! I have such a wonderful idea of how I will incorperate them into my daughter shower gift cookbook! I adore them all! I also plan on using them in a shadow box I'm doing for my kitchen with one of my Mom's hankie aprons! Thanks again doll! Tell Dad if I lived closer I'd go for a ride on his new bike! LOL Lori

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Amazing! And inspirational!
Love the last little leaf on the drawing too.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

love love love the art! only 8? And your Dad is one handsome, almost looks like Tom Skerritt ~

Laura said...

An 8 year old did that?
It's sophisticated and classic...love it.