Thursday, February 18, 2010

friend

To A. H., my best friend through thick and thin since the first day of kindergarten back in 1968. Our last visit, when you were home, was the best in years. I treasure how each hour together was the creation of memories filled with laughter, tears and triumph over life and what it hands us. Your home now in the N.W. is the place you love, but your first home in the mid W. is where you are loved each and every minute.



I selfishly wish you could visit more often and for longer stretches of time. It is important to have at least one friend in your life who sticks with you. You are that kind of friend. We have different lives and responsibilities but we will always have the most important thing in common... we know most of each others flaws, history, family... and love each other in spite of it all, that's pretty special!!




3 comments:

Mad Red Hare said...

I have a dear friend like this too. Everytime we get together it seems like it was yesterday. Although I only live 3 hours from my friend, it is still just as hard to find the time to get together. I believe friends like that come along once in a lifetime.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Good post!!!!....m..

Lois said...

Hi Amy.
What a great post!
Your heart love for her came shinning through.
Have a good week.
Lois