Thursday, July 29, 2010

be sure to have a well lit clothesline area at night....

I love the smell of laundry dried on the line...

The other day, after doing a long stretch of many loads of laundry in between my phone "ringing off the hook", as the saying goes, I remembered that I still had one more load still out on the line. It was now after dark.
I was tired and ready for the comfort of my pajamas and a few chapters read in my current library book.
I surrendered to the fact that the maid wasn't going to go out and pull the stuff off the line since she has never done that in my whole lifetime. (As a matter of fact she is quite invisible!!)
Out I went in my bare feet to retrieve the laundry from the clothesline. I was just taking the last few items down and tossing them into my laundry basket when under my foot something went squisssssshhhhhhhh. Yuck. Double YUCK!




3 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Oh no..Amy!!

What a horrible thing to happen, especially when you're already tired and ready for a long day of laundry to end!!

Well, just be glad that you opted to put on your flip flops, instead of going barefoot!! ;)

Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S. Just a side note ~ I'm having an art give-away on my blog this week!

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

You are a brave soul. I never go out in the back forty at dusk; that's what I have Luscious for! LOL

Lois said...

That is the reason I have a cat instead of a dog....kitty litter boxes....I always know what is where and that makes me a happy person.
My Hubby and son had a business for a few years called Canine Waste Removal and yes, we went around cleaning up dog doo doo from yards. We used a wet dry vaccume system. It was a successful part time business but Hubby's full time business started taking off so we closed down the dog doo doo one. I don't miss it...at all...LOL!
Lois