Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Paper Posies for Springtime

This is a project I completed with some of the hand made, one of a kind, Paper Posies I made. It is a canvas covered, magnet backed photo frame. I laid out and glued down a free form pattern of randomly squiggled lines of vintage cotton rick-rack and clustered a grouping of blue shades of Paper Posie flowers in the bottom corner and flowing outward. A very fun project.

Here I took a sweet little tossed aside vintage oil painting and rescued it out of a very ugly frame by adding twisty wire and a vintage ribbon tied in a bow. Paper Posies were added to the painted flowers to give it a 3-D effect. You could do this with just about any picture, painting or card for a bit of "pop"!




This was a past project that I sold but I have also done this same thing to keep for myself. It is fun to glue Paper Posies onto vintage (or new) rick-rack. It can be used as a garland (you could even glue the Posies back to back so they show no matter how the garland twists!) or to attach onto a lamp shade for trim (you don't even have to glue it on permanently--just wrap it around and glue the ends together... if you are like me and you like to change things often!) or to dress up a boring or thrifted/painted up photo frame or to drape over the top of a mirror in a powder room or maybe over a little girl's vanity. It would also be great to add to a wreath! I'm sure there are oodles of other ideas if you let you imagination run free.

I used some to make a cute little last minute tag for a gift and also a birthday card that you can see and read about HERE.

You can see some projects done by my friends using my Paper Posies HERE on an ATC and HERE on a faux cupcake, of all things. Really, you have to see how cute!!


I once had an order for 100 custom made Paper Posies flowers for a shop owner to use in her glass display cases as props. That was hard work, but fun!! I took them "on the road" as a work in progress while my car was getting "road worthy"...a very funny story indeed. You can see them HERE, and WOW!! they look pretty cool photographed all in a big group!!

The below photo shows examples of my bouquets of one of a kind Paper Posies.


I hope I have provided some inspiration. These flowers work great for crafting of all sorts- altered art, collage, ATCs, card making, scrapbooking, etc...
As well as for decorating- add them to lampshades, photo frames, mirrors, window shade hems, baskets...the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!!



No comments: