Monday, January 7, 2013

on to new partying

The new year is here and the celebrating is done for the holidays... but at our house the partying continues with A.'s birthday. She will be 17. I wish I could have stayed eternally age 17.

I love this image above. It speaks to me somehow. I enjoy vintage images-- and black and white is special in photos like it was in television. I think kids now miss out a lot on using imagination. They don't need to. They don't have time to.

Watch an old movie or TV show on DVD and see how your brain turns the images into color without even trying.... that's why we were so good at using imagination. We also played outside EVERY day-- it was not an event, it was life. Playing outside meant using your imagination. The things we did and played with rarely used batteries, and never used electricity. It was all powered by imagination, an endless power supply!!

What have I finished?
  • sorted more books(fiction and non-fiction) and magazines to send other places to live
  • moved the TV to a new location within the family room-- it seems to be a hit with everyone
  • reorganizing the pantry, and finding I am shopping even more carefully than ever before
What do I need to do?
  • find the top of my desk, it is suffocating under paperwork
  • use the ham bone for a batch of homemade bean soup-- I never know how to make just a small pot of soup
  • make some apple crisp to use up the apples before they go bad
What do I want to do?
  • paint my lamps in my bedroom to be gloss black, the lampshades will be perfect
  • have lunch with a friend I have not seen in 10 years or more, it may be soon if we can mesh schedules
  • hang a big mirror in a spot I have been plotting out

No comments: