Saturday, March 31, 2007

10 Things About Me


1. I have an ocean of creativity sloshing around in my brain.

2. If I had known that being a "stay-at-home mom" was going to be harder and more stressful than running a business and managing 10 employees, I never would have submitted my resume! Heehee! You can't just tell your kids "you're fired!".

3. I would enjoy traveling to lots of places in the world, but I most enjoy the fact that my feather pillow is still in the same place it has remained for all but 2 years of my entire life.

4. Some people marry for money, I sure didn't.

5. One of the best ways to spend a summer morning is to dig in the garden and get thoroughly dirty from crown to toe and then shower clean and put on perfume. " Spend an afternoon. You can't take it with you."

6. " Quiet please" is what I was raised to say, never "Shut up"!

7. Books are a treasure. The older the better. I have been known to purchase a book just because it is old and has a red cover! Only if it fits into my book buying budget, though (50 cents or less).

8. What could be better than a pot of homemade soup simmering upon the stove for hours? Not much.

9. I have oodles of fabric and all good intentions of assembling it into marvelous things! Some day when there are 25 hours!

10. I am just CRAZY about the Romanov's [the last czar of Russia and his family]. I voraciously devour anything I can read about them. I have my own N. and A. in my ancestors' family tree. To carry on the names to yet more genealogy branches, I have recycled the names to two of my children. 

No comments: