Monday, October 15, 2007

Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign









I painted all these signs. they hang in my Family room. It is decorated like a cottage/cabin theme. We like vacationing in the Northern Michigan area so this makes us feel very cozy. The "Today's Ice" sign has little dangly signs that say"closed", "thin", danger", and "safe". That's an old pair of kid sized strap on double runner ice skates hanging off it too. To the left you can see some old kid sized strap on roller skates with red wheels.
The "Cottage for Rent" sign is painted on the opposite side also... "Sleigh Rides".

10 comments:

Flea Market Queen said...

I love your signs!
The perfect touch to your decor for sure...
Priscilla

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

very cute. By the way you were one of the winners for my drawing! Check it out. xoxo nita

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I am so envious that you have even seen Michigan! I have been a lot of places in this great nation but never have seen the great lakes. WAH.
Love your signs.
Blondie

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh sure--now I'm gonna be singing that song all night! lol
Love your rustic looking signs, what fun!
Smiles, Karen

Kerry and Rachel said...

hi Amy-
I would love, love, love to do a trade (as you requsted on our blog). We are crazy-busy getting ready for our sale this weekend. Hummingbird mode, as Kerry calls it! So, maybe next week we can work out the detail. Have a delightful week!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Love the signs. they add so much charm. Mary

Mary said...

Hello Amy,
I received my goodies :)
Thank You so very much! "When the Roll is Called up Yonder" was one of Mother's favorite songs...
Love Mary E. Tea stickers, tiny envelopes :) little tags and charms, papers and the cute coat hanger...Thank You again.
Like all your fun signs. Wish I had a cabin to go to. Hugs Mary :)

Christy T said...

These would fit perfectly in my Uncle and Aunty's house. So very cute!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

You have been nominated!!Nita

a Pocket Angel said...

Amy, What fun signs..they are great! I really love'em!! You are good :-} ~Mary~