Monday, May 11, 2009

the last 2 days...



Are you watching that dancing show with the stars?

This season I predicted-all the way back on the first night- that the hot Frenchman would win...and maybe he will! (?) What do ya think?
I never danced ballroom, but I sure do like to watch when people do it. A few times I've watched competitions they have on public television. I was a dancer from age 3 and continued on until age 29 when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. Gosh I miss it and very often think about how fun it was! Maybe someday in another lifetime I can again be a dancer. I danced tap, ballet, jazz, modern expression, chorus line, and... just silly fun dancing to classic rock and roll music and 80's pop.
Don't you love the episode of Seinfeld when Elaine dances??!! 
Too funny, no matter how many times I see it.
I had a great Mother's day. I awoke to find cards waiting by my alarm clock and then I was presented a yummy breakfast. My kids made the cards for me and proudly presented them to me. A. picked flowers from the garden and put them in one of my milk glass vases. She commented that they matched the colors on the cards. I really did TRY not to do any Motherly chores but I couldn't help it. I do them without even thinking. So....I did a load of laundry and E. put it out on the line to dry in the nice breezes. I baked some cookies-oatmeal- and sent some over to N's Godmother and then I took some down to my best friend parents who live around the corner. They are like my second parents since they have known me since age 5. For dinner we ate corned beef, potatoes, carrots and cabbage and some dinner rolls too-Yummy! I worked in the gardens a little bit and planted some morning glory and moon flower seeds to climb up the fence along the driveway.

No comments: