Wednesday, August 4, 2010

10 things....me, and the floor waxer...



1. I ran away from home recently one late night. You read it right. I did.

2. Sometimes I do this. Sometimes I need this.

3. Sometimes no one notices. Darn. I hate that part!

4. Where to go that late? What is still open? I ended up at one of those "big box" stores.

5. Not many places are open all night. It was me and the floor waxer. Well, and a lonely cashier and some semi-truckers out in the parking lot -asleep- waiting for morning, to make their deliveries.

6. I walked around for about 2 hours. Truth be told, the music is pretty good in the middle of the night and the noise of hundreds of shoppers is missing. There were lots of clearance racks filled with summer stuff and great deals, you know, since they have to make room for the back to school and even the Halloween stuff- ALREADY!!!

7. I should have shopped for myself, not the family. I was trying to run away, after all. I bought a few things and went home.

8. I wondered the whole time if anyone would question me the moment I got in the back door or the next morning.
Nope.
Everyone was asleep and never knew I was even missing.
Nothing was ever said.

9. No one even thought to ask, "Where did this new stuff you bought for me come from?"
Nothing. No comment.
I ended up returning most of what I bought. Wrong size, didn't like, etc, etc.

10. Morale of the story:

  •  make sure everyone KNOWS you're running away(but only if you WANT them to know or care)
  •  shop for yourself
  •  maybe the floor waxer man has a few good stories to share and could become a new friend

2 comments:

Betty said...

Amy, Next time-slam the door as you leave and peel out of the driveway. Carefully, of course.

Lois said...

Amy, you crack me up! LOL!
That sounds like something I would do but it would mean actually getting up and going out. I don't do nights.....I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel...LOL!
I am sorry your gang didn't notice you were gone. What a bunch of meanies....they should have been weeping with joy when you got back...
Well, I hope you have a great week and I agree with "She's Sew Pretty" if you do it again make sure everyone knows that AMY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!