- having to accept that some things just happen as they will, no matter how much planning you do in life (a tough realization sometimes, for me that is!)
- adjusting lifestyle to 1 paycheck after finally being pretty gosh darn comfy with 2 ( I am worth so much more, but have to be humble in securing that a paycheck is again at least steadily received)
- enjoying little moments with family and friends ( not saying I have oodles and oodles of friends more than you, but why is there never enough time for all the fun that beckons to be had with those you treasure?)
What have I completed?
- painted a thrifted desk that has been patiently awaiting my attention for FAR too long. It is now semi-gloss black with sleek silver metal drawer pulls and a decoupaged top featuring gobs of clock face images sealed off with plenty of clear coat (to protect precious "time")
- taking the 1st big step to changing a kitchen that has been asking for a make-over for nearly 58 yrs (will be a slow process... due to second point above)
- sorting through and eliminating scads of magazines (did you know that if you only save the pages you really are interested in, you can make the compressed foundation of your house rise a few inches?)
What do I need to do?
- clean my closet (what the heck is in the back anyway?)
- dig out the favorite Christmas decor and chuck the rest to the goodwill (the kids probably don't want that stuff one thinks they do when they move out some day. Someday seems a l o n g way off !)
- write some Thank You notes ( to show I have some upbringing, after-all)
What do I want to do?
- disassemble the dog pen before the snow flies so I can see more of the pines coated in frosty white sparkles (or at least stop looking at the eyesore as it is now)
- tackle the file cabinet so my new year will start fresh (Geez, I hate ugly paperwork build-up)
- put more photos in black frames, new and vintage (writing on the backs would be a bonus too)