Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Cheer

What Have I Been Up To?
  • Trying to secure a job that fits. (failing miserably)
  • Trying to tidy (3 kids, remember) and decorate the house. (failing miserably)
  • Trying to maintain a smile so everyone can see the me they want to see. (failing?)
  • Trying to put myself first on the list for a change. (or anywhere on the list, number 1,001 would be even acceptable)
What Do I Need To Do?
  • Prepare, serve and hostess a dinner for family and friends.
  • Be a wonderful wife, mother, and all the rest.
  • Make it through another holiday season.
What do I Want To Do?
  • Bask in the joy of observing anyone other than me, today, clean a toilet (or anything else) around here.
  • Disappear for 24 hrs and see if anyone notices.
  • Relax for any amount of time, do nothing for more than 30 seconds, not look at a calendar for a day, have no appointments for 24 hours...... in other words, BE SELFISH.

No comments: