Tuesday, September 9, 2008

pink

A dose of pink for all you pink people out there. I do not purposely avoid pink posting... this is one from the past worth viewing again. I adore pink. It is my second favorite color. I just seem to be more of a lover of red.
I grew up -my whole pre age 21 life - living in a pink bedroom with pink gingham fabric everywhere and pink walls.


Here we are again with more images from the 1950's Highlights magazine I posted about before.What fun, this game above!! Actually these look almost purple on the scanner; trust me they are pink in person.


I have to say I was surprised at how many comments that post brought my way! Who knew that Highlights would strike a nostalgic nerve like it did. I know for a fact that I get lots and lots of "lurkers" to my blog site and that's Ok. I have been known to lurk sometimes and not comment when I go visiting . But it is so fun to get lots of comments to hear what you liked about the post or picture... or let me know what you had for breakfast. Heck, I get a silly smile every time I see one of you has left a comment. It never fails to tickle me. Honest.


Cathy at Tadpoles and Teacups [I love that name] stopped by at that post to comment that her kids always went to the Goofus and Gallant page in Highlights. So here's a vintage 1950s Goofus and Gallant ( click to enlarge) just for you and your kids, Cathy. And it's in PINK!


1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Loving the Pink!! And the old Highlights!

I had to chuckle because I feel the same as you about blog comments--aren't they great?!

Smiles, Karen